- Applicants for membership must be able to demonstrate that they have fulfilled the institution's competency requirements.
- All applicants must cover general, core (either commercial or gerospatial) plus their chosen specialist competencies.
- Competencies must be met with and signed off by the applicant's supervisor.
- Having the competency documents signed off does not automatically mean that the candidate will be accepted as a member, but it is an essential part of the application process.
- CICES recommends Built Intelligence and Driver Trett as a provider of training courses for commercial managers.
- CICES recommends The Survey School as a provider of training courses for geospatial engineers.
- CICES recommends Blue Hat and CSTA Global as a provider of utilities and subsurface mapping training.
Please read the guides below when preparing your application. If you would like any of the competencies in Word format please contact the membership team firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the links to download
Quick Guide to the Competencies
Quick Guide to the Optimum Standards
Core Geospatial Engineering Competencies
Core Commercial Management Competencies (Estimating)
Core Commercial Management Competencies (Quantity Surveying)
Core Commercial Management Competencies (Planning)
Core Commercial Management Competencies (Project Management)
Core Commercial Management Competencies (Cost Engineering)
Specialist Land Surveying Competencies
Specialist Engineering Surveying Competencies
Specialist Geospatial Information Systems Competencies
Specialist Geospatial Information Management Competencies
Specialist Hydrographic Competencies
Specialist Utilities Sub-Surface Mapping Competencies
Specialist Estimating Competencies
Specialist Quantity Surveying Competencies
Specialist Planning Competencies
Specialist Project Management Competencies
Specialist Cost Engineering Competencies
Specialist Competencies (core competencies not required for these specialisms)
Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
Please add the following documents to complete your application
Experience Report (Except for Accelerated Routes to membership)
Record of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Principal Sponsor Form
Application or Upgrade Form
Application or Upgrade Fee